Childbirth and Parenting Education
Sr Chantelle Slabbert - Advanced Midwife
Congratulations on your pregnancy!
Pregnancy can be one of the most exciting experiences of your life, but it is often negatively impacted by fear and uncertainties.
I believe that knowledge is power, and my aim is to equip you with the facts you need to make informed decisions regarding your pregnancy, birth and the care of your newborn.
Antenatal classes can make a tremendous difference to your birthing experience, equipping you with the knowledge and skills you need to make confident, informed decisions. This will ensure that you have a positive, satisfying, and above all, empowering birthing experience, regardless of the type of birth you choose.
“Although birth is only one day in the life of a woman, it has an imprint on her for the rest of her life” – Justine Caines
Following the birth of your baby, you may have some other concerns, such as worries about your baby’s safety, or breastfeeding difficulties.
To assist with these concerns I offer classes for all stages of your parenting journey:
All my classes are currently offered online.
Online classes have several benefits:
- It is safe, with the COVID pandemic still ongoing you don’t want to take unnecessary risks by joining a group class.
- It is convenient, you can attend the class in the comfort of your own home. You don’t have to get dressed to go out, you can even stay in bed if you want to, a definite plus in winter time! You will not be using your camera or microphone so you can get as comfortable as you want.
- It saves you time that you would have spent travelling to and from classes.
- It saves you money, online classes are generally cheaper than group classes. All prices are per couple and not per person.
- It is live and interactive, you can participate and will get opportunities to ask any questions you may have with the chat functionality.